Laurentian Cross-Country & Track
Scroll down to see the following videos:
(These videos can all be set to HD for sharper viewing)
- Voyageur Nation – Laurentian Athletics & Running Trails
- Laurentian XC/Track, Year-in-Review, 2017
- Indoor Track Practice With the Laurentian Voyaguers
- Laurentian at the OUA Cross-Country Championships, 2016
- Where We Train
- Campus Trails – Site of OFSAA XC’13
- Running at Laurentian – Team Atmosphere
1. Voyageur Nation – Laurentian Athletics
Some amazing video scenes of the running trails in the Laurentian Conservation Area – a frequent training location for us – and only a 10′ drive from campus! Also, some beautiful shots of campus from Lake Ramsey.
2. Laurentian XC/Track, Year-in-Review, 2017
A year of training, competition, travel and fun with the Laurentian University cross-country and track team.
3. Indoor Track Practice with the Laurentian Voyageurs
Watch the Laurentian track team in a typical practice on their 200m indoor track.
4. Laurentian at the OUA XC Championships, 2016
Watch the Laurentian Voyageurs cross-country team as it prepares for, and races, at the OUA XC Championships in 2016.
5. Where We Train
This video features many of the training locations used by the Laurentian University women’s track and cross-country running team. Background music includes “All for the Run,” a song by Shawn Brady, a Sudbury native and competitive runner. The song was inspired by training runs Shawn performed on some of the same trails shown on this video. (The video was created in 2012, before the men’s team was reinstated).
6. Campus Trails – Site of OFSAA XC’13
This video features some of the many trails that are located right on the Laurentian campus. These particular trails were used for the OFSAA XC championships in 2013 (some were still being upgraded). The video host is assistant coach and former Voyageur runner, Jenna Thornber.
7. Running at Laurentian – Team Atmosphere
This video highlights the team atmosphere that you’ll experience as a Laurentian varsity runner. Although it was created in 2013 before the men’s team was reinstated (you can tell by the older uniforms), the same family atmosphere still exists. This was produced as a gift to the team by former runner, Sabrina Doyle, who is now a social media editor with Canadian Geographic Magazine.